Past Maplewood Invitational Results can be found on the Results Page.Course Maps
The Maplewood Cross Country Invitational was started in 1994. The meet hosts 20 teams from NE Ohio. In the early years, the meet was held at Maplewood East Elementary School in Johnston. After a school construction project, the meet was moved to Maplewood High School in Mecca. The meet team and individual champions can be found at this link - Maplewood Invitational Champions
2012 Maplewood Invitational - Printable form
The 18th Annual Maplewood Cross Country Invitational will be held:
Date and Location
Thursday, August 30th, 2012. The meet will be held at Maplewood High School. Maplewood High School is located on State Route #88, ½ mile east of Rt. #46 (Mecca Center).
- Any invited school is eligible to enter as many runners in each race as they wish. Schools are to reply ASAP with their intent to participate. Next fall, rosters of the athletes are to be completed. A link will be made available on this page soon for you to do so.
- Rosters must be submitted by 2:00 PM on Monday, August 27th. Roster are to be submitted on this website from the link on this web page.
- Four races are held - junior high boys, junior high girls, high school boys and high school girls. All runners will compete together in the same race regardless if they are individual, team or junior varsity runners.
- You must have a minimum of 5 runners finish a race to be eligible for team scoring. If you have more than 12 runners entered in a race, you may split them into "A" and "B" squads if you wish, as long as you designate names assigned to each squad on your roster sheet.
- There is an additional $15 fee for each additional "B Team" competing in a race for a school. No more than 1 team per school will be eligible for team awards. The first 5 finishers for a team will be scorers, the following 2 will displace, but not score.
- Any entries beyond the first 7 finishers for a school will not affect the team scoring. No designations as to individual or team runners need be made in advance. Jr. High Race is for 7th and 8th grade runners only.
The top three teams in the high school races and the top two teams in the jr. high races will receive team picture plaques, with a photo of the team on the award. Members of the winning high school teams will receive individual awards. The top 25 individuals in the high school races and the top 15 individuals in the jr. high race will receive individual awards. The overall individual champions will receive picture plaques of them crossing the finish line.
High schools will pay the lesser of $55 per team or $8 per individual. Jr. High schools pay the lesser of $35 per team or $6 per individual. A maximum entry fee of $150 (plus an additional $15 for each "B Team" entered) will be collected from any school, regardless of number of individual or team entries. Checks should be made payable to: Maplewood Running Rockets.
|4:15||Coach's Meeting - Starting Line|
|4:30||Jr. High Boy's Race - 2 mile|
|5:00||Jr. High Girl's Race - 2 mile|
|5:30||High School Boy's Race - 5k|
|6:00||High School Girl's Race - 5k|
Mail entry fee to Maplewood High School - c/o Mark Yoder - 2414 Greenville Rd. - Cortland, OH 44410. Entry fees must be received prior to the meet.
Rosters will be submitted by logging on to www.gopherarun.com and clicking on the "Maplewood Invitational" tab. Rosters are due by the Monday prior to the meet - August 27th, 2012 There will be no additions or substitutions to rosters on meet day. Make sure that you includes all athletes that might participate on the online roster.
- Each runner must wear the assigned race number during the race on the front of the uniform top.
- Additional numbers can be obtained at the registration table until 3:30 AM.
- Chips must be returned by the coach at the end of the meet.
- Runners must report to the clerk at the starting line by 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start of their race.
Points of Interest
- Times will be provided at each mile mark for each race.
- The Maplewood Athletic Boosters will serve refreshments at the registration building.
- Invitational T-shirts will be sold at the registration area.
- Results and meet photos will be available on www.gopherarun.com
- Restrooms are available at the east end of the school.
- No spikes may be worn in the school!
Coaches are asked to please cooperate in advance by:
- Submitting rosters by logging on to www.gopherarun.com and clicking on the "Maplewood Invitational" tab. Rosters are due by 1 week prior to the meet - August 27th, 2012
- Ensuring correct numbers are pinned properly on each runner at meet.
- Ensuring chip numbers get returned to registration table after meet. A $10 fee will be charged to a school for each missing chip.
- Make payment to Maplewood Running Rockets prior to meet. Mail entry fee to: Maplewood HS - Attn: Mark Yoder - 2414 Greenville Road - Cortland, OH 44410